Today was my official first day of classes for library school. I suppose it would be more accurate to say my first day of class since I had only one class. This class is titled "Human Information Interactions," which quite frankly, sounds boring. Contrary to how it sounds, I think it will be quite interesting. We are going to discuss how we, as individuals and groups, disseminate, collect, and interpret information. I don't know about you, but we are thrown a lot of information these days -- tv, radio, internet, etc. Sometimes facebook alone gives me enough information to occupy my day (and not in a good way).
Well, this got me thinking. What is my favorite way to collect information? Honestly, I am newly obsessed with pinterest. Pinterest allows users to "curate" their own digital boards with some of their favorite things, most often creative and beautiful things. People much cooler than myself found this site first and shared it with me. I have been hooked for a couple of months now. Now not only do I use pinterest to find new and interesting things about decorating, travel, and books but I also take serious care to create boards that I think reflect me. It has helped me create an online identity that is more personalized. It let's the online world see that I am more than a profile picture and a 140 character status update. Because of pinterest, I seek out new information in order to add it to my boards and further represent my style to the great world wide web. In turn, I get to see all the really cool things other "curators" are discovering. It's an online community built on creativity and personal style. If you haven't joined yet, I highly recommend you do
No comments:
Post a Comment