Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Post Of Many More to Come...

Greetings, 

Tomorrow starts a whole new adventure for me.  One I have been working my way toward for years, even if I did not know it.  I will start to learn new things, meet new people, and shape my world into something I hope feels more complete.  Each day I will learn new things ... about the world, about others, and about myself.  Overall my goal is to live a more purposeful, well-rounded life and to live it with a sense of humor.  I invite you on this journey with me through this blog. 

"A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road."
        - Henry Ward Beecher 



It's important to know where I have been and a little bit about where I am going.  For the past four years, I have been floating through my life.  I never felt quite happy and never could figure out why. When you run in circles as much as I felt like I was, you need to do something to catapult yourself out of the roundabout.  So I quit my job in Nashville, TN and went to Europe for two months.  I did little more than spend money and look at beautiful things but my time there gave me time to breathe deep again.

When I returned, I lived with my parents in Wilmington, NC.  For some, going home after living out of the house for the past 8 years would be defeating, but I found it let me reconnect with the things that were most important to me.  Plus, I was near the beach and I never knew the awesomeness of the ocean until I lived near it.  I felt like I was healing from some ailment I never knew I had.  

Now, I am living in Carrboro, NC.  I start grad school tomorrow.  I have mixed emotions of shock, complete joy, and some nervousness.  I am living in a great place, and so far I am surrounded by great people.  I can walk to the coffee shop, drive to the mountains or beach, and just walk down the hall to find a friend.  I know there will be ups and downs, but I hope a little sense of humor and an understanding that I am in charge of my own life will keep me trucking along.  

I promise this blog won't be all seriousness.  I just want to share what's going on in my planet and the new things I learn each day.


Take care,
Ashley







No comments:

Post a Comment